Thursday, January 15, 2009

#16 PB Wiki

#16 PB Wiki

http://ccls23things.wordpress.com/2008/12/03/16-playing-around-with-pbwiki/

Aha. Another tool I have used in the past. I became aware of PBwiki through my classes at Kutztown University. I think the use of Wiki's depends solely on personal preference. A Wiki can become set up more like a webpage layout, where as a blog has many entries on pages. Wiki's can be more easily organized.

I think Wiki's are a good tool to use in the classroom for team projects, or for students posting their own project to a class Wiki. But in a library setting, it can be used as an informational tool. The main page can be set up about the library with staff names, hours of operation, etc. Sub links could include a calender, new books, programs for kids, and any other information you'd like to include!

I had an account with PB wiki, and made an educational page about Manatees, but the account seems to have become lost. My former account would not allow me in. Oh well! So I made a new one using my new alias (which I love!), Nerd E. Librarian. I added LOST to the tv show page here: http://ccls23things.pbwiki.com/Favorite-Television-Shows

No comments:

Post a Comment