Thursday, January 15, 2009

#19

Social Networking

I've enjoyed Microblogging for a while on facebook. It was fun for me. You could be serious or silly. I also liked seeing what my friends would do. I've also had a twitter account which I like to follow what people are saying. I also had to laugh during the recent presidential elections because Stephen Colbert was twittering and making all kinds of jokes about it. I'm a big fan of comedic political commentary.

I also have a mySpace and a Facebok. I originally only had a myspace to keep in touch with certain friends. I prefer facebook. The privacy options are better. And I was getting a lot of spam on MSpace, and abusive messages from other users. I did not like it at all. Though facebook became about keeping in touch AND fun because of all the applications you can add to your profile. The virtual pets are my favorite.

Facebook is great for programming if you create a group or an event. You can invite users to groups or events and I think it's a great way to keep Library patrons informed of programs and events!

No comments:

Post a Comment