Thursday, January 15, 2009

Flickr

#5 Flickr

http://ccls23things.wordpress.com/2008/10/26/5-discover-flickr/

I had avoided signing up for flickr simply because I have so many photo accounts already. I have a bunch of Photobucket ones, two imageshack, and at least one webshots. I use them all for different things and though I liked the community feeling of flickr, I thought... whay make ANOTHER photo account? However I think I'll finally take the plunge. I enjoy browsing it on my own when I'm looking for photos or doing image searches. I enjoy finding candid images of my favorite celebs at events fans have taken and posted on their flickr accounts. I love how it also shows related images, related galleries, and you can easily reach them all. Flickr is absolutely one of the most user friendly photo sharing sites to navigate!

I had some trouble trying to upload photos though. Trying to add one from my computer didn't work, but adding an image generated through tinytag to my photostream worked fine.

Another thing that I find handy and useful is how it allowed me to sign up through my yahoo account, and how when you want to post something to your blog, it's really easy! It connected to my google account which is also connected to my blogger account. It was a cinch. I know how to post images through html tags myself, but typing it out can be time consuming. Once ou have your blogs synched to flickr, all you have to do is click a button!

My photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nerdielibrarian/

No comments:

Post a Comment