Thursday, January 15, 2009

Oh so techy!

#7 Blog About Technology
http://ccls23things.wordpress.com/2008/10/30/7-blog-about-technology/


One of my annoyances...

I hate the captcha image verifiers used during the registration process. I understand why they are necessary. They are used to keep bots from registering on sites, and to help fight spam. This is all well and good. I hate spam, so I'm thankful for it. HOWEVER.

Could they be more obnoxious? Some are nice and easy! You can read the letters and numbers easily. Others are a MESS. You can't rad them. It's a struggle. I have to enter some many times before I get one I can read, or I've read and entered correctly. Some of them you can refresh until you get one you see. Some ask you to enter the sum of 5+3. Those are easy to use. The ones with lines through the words or are speckled, or skew the letters violently...?

HARD TO READ and so ANNOYING! I wish they could all have a refresh option to make the process easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment